Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Love Trips: Keep It Moving

I’ve been dating for 15 some odd years, which means I’ve chased after men, fallen into a drinking and dialing and sobbing stupor, and did I mention I angrily wobbled after a man while shouting, “WE ARE NOT DONE!”? Yes, 15 years of dating have left me with many, many stories and even more war wounds to lick and heal. But no matter what has occurred, each experience has taught me a valuable lesson on how to deal with the pitfalls of, well, dating. Like when you give a man the privilege to store your number, you should wait for him to call, not circle his block in a Dominican gypsy cab en la madrugada or become a bartender or busgirl at the bar he frequents. If he never calls, take a deep breath and shrug. There is no need to sob in despair in the shower. No need to stare at the heavens, shake your fists and scream "WHYYYYYY?!". Just learn the lesson and keep it moving. Go to Love Trips: Keep It Moving to read the rest!

No comments: