Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Joining The Masses After A Few Cocotasos



Three of us walked ahead, leading the birthday girl and her party to another locale where drinks and music would be plentiful. But instead of discussing possible destinations, we discussed the world of blogs - past street signs, street lights, and cracked pavements. Instead of discussing possible drinking games, I was confronted with the blog movement and why I, a student of writing, wasn’t part of a world that is so autonomous it is almost liberating. But just as I skirted past fences and averted stepping on discarded gum, I avoided the conversation. I could hear my pulse and my breathing, no longer steady, because I was being persuaded by one of the two amigos to begin my blog journey. I could hear my voice, loud and high pitched, rising with every rebuttal as he spurted blog this and blog that. The third party, still focused on the destination ahead, continued to lead and ignored our bickering. We were two fiery, opinionated individuals who refused to raise the white flag; a leisurely walk towards the continuation of a drunken birthday celebration had become the war of the blogs. But in the mist of trying to prove each other wrong and the verbal crossfire of buts-, waits-, and eventually whatever’s, I mentally began to write this introduction. And because I am writing this introduction, the introduction to my very own blog, I am also admitting I was wrong. So I welcome you to In The Words of A Twenty Something…where relatable thoughts, stories, and observations will be shared weekly and an entirely new world will be explored by both you and I. I am officially a blogger, joining the masses after a few cocotasos.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very brave to share yourself with the masses. I'm looking forward to see what life has in store for you.

Best,

Anonymous said...

dominican, new england survivor, writer, adayna's sister and now blogger. imaginate. bueno, good luck ms. gonzalez and i look forward to many more cocotasos.

ciao

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz, I was stopping in to show my support!... I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Well well well, I see someone has some very nice writing skills. Maybe you should go to law school! Keep up the good work baby girl.

Anonymous said...

hey sis - thanks for sharing yourself with the masses. i am very proud of you- well i've always been proud of you so nothing new there. can't wait to log in every weds. i'm sure it'll be quite interesting to see where life as a twenty something has taken you. glad the cocotasos work - you need to put your writing out there. get more fans - although they'll have to compete with me for the number one fan award.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at you! I am very impressed. This is a great way to get your stuff out there. Be seen girl! Be heard! Keep writing! I look forward to logging on and see you continue to grow as a writer and thinker.
Jeneen

Anonymous said...

Impressive Chica - you're writing has definitly improve over the years. This is fantastic and I can't wait for your weekly blogs. Don't forget about us little one's when you make it big :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your blog. I should apologize for being so persistent in my opinion that night. There was no need to prove myself right, an opinion can just be an opinion, without being totalitarian.

I'm floored by your writing style, and amazed that those small moments impressed upon you as well. The consequences of that small conversation have moved me in ways, many days later. I learned a lesson today.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hey chica,
I am really excited for you. I can't wait to read your stuff. Keep your head up.

Anonymous said...

Hey 20 Something. I likes... I likes...Sounds interesting. I'll read

Anonymous said...

hi nena,, i am irene aunt.. and i have been following uo on your storyss... i may asy that u find them to be intresting.... keep uo the good work..