Monday, February 13, 2012

Watch Sujeiry Gonzalez (Love Trips Author) on The Wendy Williams Show!

 
I’ve been keeping a secret for a month now. The secret that opened up the door to my being on The Wendy Williams Show. In mid January, I received a call from HARPO. That’s right – the Oprah Winfrey production company. I had applied for a reality show pilot with Iyalna Vanzant on OWN in early January after I saw a casting call tweet. I jumped online and created a quick, funny and truthful anecdote about my life as a single woman.

I am a serial dater. A woman who hardly ever has a second date because I’m picky and have a serious nose fetish (love a long bridge!). If it does move on, I’m in a relationship by the third date. The relationship begins quickly and ends just as rapidly. Or I’m stuck with a stalker.
That very day Cynthia Martinez of Fat Girl Escapades also forwarded a tweet from Wendy Williams. The Wendy Williams Show was looking to hook up singles for Valentine’s Day. I saw this as a second opportunity to meet another daytime idol and be on national television to promote my relationship brand and Love Trips: A Collection of Relationship Stumbles.

Flashforward to mid January. I’m on my computer writing my first piece for the Examiner as the New York Modern Love Examiner. My phone rings and I look over the screen. Unknown. I picked up though I rarely do. Something told me it wasn’t my stalker.

“Hello?” I answered, hesitantly.

“Hello, may I please speak with Sujeiry?” The voice responded. She said my name wrong. Surgery. Definitely not my stalker who probably mutters my name in his sleep.

“This is she,” I said, holding my breath.

“Hello! It’s Samantha calling from HARPO!”

My eyes shot out of their sockets. HARPO was calling MEEE?! I thought. I recalled the casting call. Samantha began asking me questions about my dating experiences. She laughed. I rattled on. She pried deeper. I opened up, aware of how television works. They want someone who is vibrant, funny, a little messed up and definitely entertaining.

They wanted me.

For the next week, I spoke to three different producers from HARPO. I created three videos and made plans to film. Suddenly, the show changed directions. They are now looking to work with families.
I wasn’t disappointed. I wanted it, yes, but I knew that the call, the fact that HARPO wanted me, meant something else was brewing. 24 hours later I received a call from The Wendy Williams Show. They wanted me to come into a casting audition. A week later I was in her waiting area. 25 other women surrounded me before we were moved to a conference room. One by one, we answered their questions. Some of us were asked to do a video and others were sent home. It was my turn. I was myself. I dazzled and made the producers and other girls laugh. And I was asked to do a video. A week later, I received the call I knew was coming. They wanted me to be a participant on the Wendy Williams Show dating game airing the week of February 13, 2012.

I jumped for joy, wishing I could do cartwheels like Madonna at the Super Bowl.

So, you see, HARPO may not have worked out but she opened the door to opportunity. I will meet Wendy Williams and will be giving her a copy of my book, Love Trips. I will receive exposure. And maybe I will even win a date with an eligible bachelor. I knew this would happen. I know I have a spark and I am meant for television and radio. Doors are opening and I can’t wait to jump through.

Maybe I’ll even do a cartwheel.

Watch Sujeiry on February 17, 2012 on The Wendy Williams Show! Any tweets during the live show will be appreciated. Use the hashtag #WendyLovesSujeiry. Be sure to buy a copy of Love Trips: A Collection of Relationship Stumbles

4 comments:

datingservices said...

your blog post is very informative and i got some great idea here how can i blog post so thanks for this nice post.
-----------------------
best dating sites

Chat 2 Friend said...

Hey thanks for the great advice and information about dating. helpful site for best dating service .

Aaru Garg said...

This is an amazing Article in terms of information, content and user readability. This blog is a representation of an extraordinary effort and research. I would like to address you about a similar website which delivers the best effective, authentic and efficient content on Astrology, Hindu Calendar, Festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi 2017, Dussehra 2017, Kundali Matching, Janam Kundali, Purnima 2017, amavasya 2017, Gender Predictor and Chinese Gender Predictor. This website is one of the leading website in India in this vertical (Astrology). Your website is so impressive that I am taking down notes from your content to show it to my friends and colleagues. Keep doing the great work. Cheers!
--
Thanks
Aaru Garg
A Member of Sun Sign Calculator Team

Κινητοί Τοίχοι - Movable Walls said...

Dear friend, may I ask you for a favor? I am presently trying to enhance traffic in my company’s blog, as this would increase chances of the blog’s photos to appear in “Google Images”; this is very important for our work. Could you please visit our blog and browse for a couple of minutes. You may even learn about a new product there!
Thank you.